The Puffin Kayaks represent a new generation in folding boat design and draw on over 30 years of varied experience. Structurally, Puffins are a blend of aluminum frame and inflatable construction. Dual-cell inflatable tubes on each side between the skin and the frame provide skin tension and ample secure flotation in case of a capsize. An internal aluminum frame gives the hull efficient lines that could not be achieved with an inflatable structure alone. Another advantage of Puffin’s hybrid design is the weight. Similar size inflatable kayaks typically weigh 50% more.
PVC-coated polyester/aluminum frame
|Number of Paddlers||
|Weight Capacity (lbs)||
29 x 10 x 14 inches
- Open-decked boats allow easy loading and unloading – perfect for fishing, island-hopping or warm-weather excursions (deck sold separately)
- Rugged, abrasion-resistant PVC-coated synthetic fabric skin fits tightly over the frame, creating clean lines and smooth paddling
- Anodized aluminum frame is strong, lightweight, and corrosion-resistant; longer sections of the frame are shock-corded like tent poles to ease assembly
- 3 longitudinal rods- 2 gunwales and a hinged keel- attach to cross members inside the skin to create a taut, easy-to-assemble craft that anyone can put together
- Inflatable tubes with 4 separate compartments between frame and skin increase tautness, ensure flotation, and eliminate pressure points
- Inflatable, urethane-coated seats stand up to heavy use and adjust to provide a perfect fit
- Removable deck effectively seals out water; simply hook over the ends of the hull and attach with a rip-and-stick seal (deck sold separately)
- Kayak converts to a single-seat configuration by moving the thwart; single-seat deck sold separately
- Includes pump, repair kit, and storage bag
There are no reviews yet.